Happy Holidays Everyone,
There’s lots of good news in the health and wellness world with so many researchers trying to better understand how the body works. Please check out the articles below which are relevant for you, and feel free to share with us any good news articles that you find about how we can live and be healthy.
- The most effective treatment for depression, and depression relapse is through mindfulness based cognitive therapy: Mindfulness Therapy Beats Drugs in Preventing Depression Relapse.
- New research weighs in on the Nature -vs- Nurture debate: “In his model, effective parents observe, recognize and assess their child’s individual genetic characteristics, then cultivate their child’s strengths.” Some wise words on parental involvement on a child’s development.
- A new study from the University of Colorado School of Medicine says that what a woman eats during pregnancy determines a child’s taste buds.
- Soup is hot! Check out these Eastern recipes for some nutritious food-based medicines in a bowl.
- Some new findings on childhood ADHD and what we can do to help these children concentrate and feel more productive. Here is an article about food additives and their effects on attentiveness in people with ADHD.
- What we eat effects our minds too: Animal Study Suggests Dietary Link to Mental Illness.
- Through a study using fMRI there is more scientific proof of acupuncture’s ability to reduce and eliminate pain: Acupuncture and Chronic Pain.